apparently doing a degree and is really bad at blogging. like, seriously. look at the dates. it's bad.

This week in England has been ridiculously hot. As someone who burns through windows and passes out in 20 degrees heat, I have found it har...

weekly favourites roundup.

This week in England has been ridiculously hot. As someone who burns through windows and passes out in 20 degrees heat, I have found it hard to function. A positive of this heat however is that I've dug back into my old stash of more waterproof/sweat resistant products as well as buying a few new ones! 

The first products I have found is the Maybelline 24 hour colour tattoos. I have talked about these before, both on my blog and on my youtube channel. I stopped using them in favour for my Stila Palette, but with the recent heat I didn't want to spend ages putting make up on just for it to fall off my face later on. The 24 hour tattoos stay on your lids until you choose to take them off with makeup remover and are practically heatproof. Thank God. They are also very pigmented and easy to blend, especially with each other as I have found. The two colours I have been loving are Metallic Pomegranate and On and On Bronze, and mixed together on the lid create a really nice rusty bronze finish that may not be too summer appropriate but still looks very flattering. 


The next favourite I have been loving this week is the Benefit Watts Up highlighter. I use a matte blush a lot of the time as I love the colours I have, so this adds a healthy glow to my skin and helps me feel more summery. It comes out a champagne colour and is very easy to blend into the skin. I apply onto the cheekbones and occasionally down the bridge of my nose if I feel I'm looking particularly dull and it really brightens my complexion. 


My final beauty favourite of the week is a new purchase, the MUA  velvet lip lacquer in Criminal. It goes on really well, and although slightly sticky to begin with, it mattifies quickly and you can barely feel it on your lips. I bought a few different shades, so expect a full review later this week! I feel this colour is extremely summery however and as I have very few bright pinks, it really adds to my collection. 


My last love of the week is Parks and Recreation. Pretty much everyone knows about this show, but if you are late to the party all I can say is watch it! I rarely laugh out loud at TV/film and this has me almost crying with laughter almost every episode. I have slightly fallen in love with Ben Wyatt and April Ludgate and truly love the show and the realism of the plot and the comedy. It is set in a fictional town of Pawnee and describes the journey of Leslie Knope, played by Amy Poehler, through her career in local government and personal life. A real must see!



So these have been my loves for this week, I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!
Shannon 
X






0 comments: